JOB 1: Equipment Mechanic
As one of our Equipment Mechanics you’ll support our manufacturing and green-recycling operations by providing regular preventative maintenance of yard machines to keep us running 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday. Activities include lubing equipment, filter changes, minimal repairs. Paid training is available during orientation.
Cowart offers Pay commensurate with experience and production including medical & dental plans, paid time off, and a 401K-retirement plan.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 1 year of verifiable experience
- Your own basic hand tools and tool box
- Reliable track record with regular, predictable, full attendance
- Safety and Customer oriented with a willingness to work within requirements
- Ability to pass Drug Screen test, background investigation, including past employment, and criminal history screening is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sugar Hill, GA